Monday, June 22, 2009

Chicago Travel Update - No puns or quips, just an update

So I made it to Chicago. Upon arriving at O'Hare, I definitely let the flight attendants know I was displeased by providing them with a very snide:

"Just so you know, because of the hour an a half we sat at the gate in Albany AFTER you unloading the sick gentleman and you decided to let on 10 NEW passengers, the boat I was supposed to have been sailing on this morning had to leave the dock without me and the sailing regatta I am supposed to be in will start in five minutes. Thanks, your incompetence has really screwed me over."


Now don't get me wrong, I feel for the man who had the heart attack on the flight and his wife. I found out the next day that he did actually die in Albany, and I feel horrible for him, his wife, and his family. But how does it serve his memory for United to sit at the gate for another hour and half to find people to fill the few remaining seats on the plane, INCLUDING THE GOD DAMN SEAT WHERE A GUY JUST DIED FROM A FUCKING HEART ATTACK? I HAD SOMEWHERE TO BE! PEOPLE HAD CONNECTIONS TO MAKE! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND REALIZE THAT OTHER PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO SCRAMBLE TO REARRANGE CONNECTIONS WHEN PEOPLE MISS THEIR CONNECTION BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWING NEW PEOPLE TO MAYBE AN UNSCHEDULED CONNECTION! GET THE CONNECTION?

Anyway, when I arrived in Chicago, it was raining. RAINING. I am emphasizing raining, because when we arrived the guy in baggage claim explained that they could not go near the plane because there was lightning on the radar. I know how to read radar, and I can read the skies pretty well. It was raining. Raining hard yes, but raining. I waited in baggage claim for TWO HOURS. The ground crew must have decided (like Newman in Seinfeld about delivering mail) that they don't work in the rain. )($(*&(_)*&$_(*&)*&*&$(*&(*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I filled out a baggage slip, and instructed them to deliver it to the yacht club where the boat was, and I would be. I left O'Hare, headed to the yacht club.

Sailing went well Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'll post separately on the regatta. However, I will comment that sailing would have been much better, IF I HAD MY MOTHERFUCKING BAG. I knew it had arrived in Chicago. The guy had it in his computer that it arrived on the plane with me. BUT THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS DIDN'T DELIVER IT TILL SUNDAY MORNING. THREE FUCKING DAYS. IN THE SAME GOD DAMN CITY! THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY! THEY HAD MY NUMBER! THEY HAD THE ADDRESS!

!@)(*&!@)(&!@&)**)$%&!@)(*)!@(*!@&)!@$&(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my bag Sunday. Put on clean underwear. Changed my board shorts. Used my own shirts (thanks to the crew for letting me borrow theirs).

Flight home was uneventful.....

Going to write a few strongly worded emails to airlines shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment