Thursday, November 19, 2009

AdrianHopkins: My First Grad School Mixtape, Because Sharing is Caring



My boy Adrian Hopkins' first mixtape. I can vouche that he's in a league of his own on music, design, literature, etc. You may remember him from a post a while back with him rapping about his quarter-life crisis. I'll repost that vid after the jump. Check out his website though.

I've listened to the mixtape, and it's a ride.

From AdrianHopkins.com:

Earlier this week, I chronicled a bit of the musical selections that provided the soundtrack to my paper-writing adventure. Since sharing is caring, I decided to put those songs into a mix just for you!

I played each of these songs on repeat at least 15 times (Francis & The Lights' cover of Kanye's "Can't Tell Me Nothing" was the undisiputed champion with 164 plays) as I wrote about the influence of Edward Bernays' 1928 book, Propaganda, on the last 80+ years of American mass manipulation and media scholars' discussion thereof.

The tracklisting is below. Click here or on the album cover to download. Enjoy!

1. In My Dreams (Cudder Anthem) - KiD CuDi - 2009
2. The Bells (feat. Patti Labelle & The Bluebelles) - Laura Nyro - 1973
3. Can't Tell Me Nothing - Francis & The Lights - 2008
4. Everybody Touch - J*Davey - 2006
5. Eclipse - Ahmad Jamal - 1974
6. RobertaFlack - Flying Lotus - 2008
7. Paper Chase - Do Or Die - 1996
8. The Rotten Apple - Prodigy (of Mobb Deep) - 2007
9. I Wanna Know - The Foreign Exchange - 2008
10. Baby (You Know I'm Gonna Miss You) - The Montclairs - 1972
11. (Love) Lock Down - Rashid Hadee - 2009



No comments:

Post a Comment